Thursday, September 16, 2010

Game Review: Cincinnati @ NC State


So... I got this one way off. As an ACC fan, it has been my tendency not to trust NC State in too many occasions, hence the pick of Cincinnati to win the game. Russell Wilson and his wolfpack looked consistent through out. Wilson has always been able to make a consistent effort for NC State, but the impact players around him showed up big time tonight. I was really impressed with the defense tonight as pressure was constantly brought to the shify Collaros. Here are some grades for the nightcap.

Quarterback-
Cinci: C+
NC State: A-

Running Backs-
Cinci: D
NC State: B-

Recievers-
Cinci: B-
NC State: B+

Offensive Line-
Cinci: D+
NC State: B

Defensive Line-
Cinci: C
NC State: A

Linebackers-
Cinci: B-
NC State: A-
Secondary-
Cinci: C-
NC State- B

I was really disappointed in the way Butch Jones gameplaned tonight. We saw the Bearcats go deep very few times to a player like Armon Binns who I love as a deep threat out there. Zach Collaros did not look poised the entire game. I don't blame him in the least. If I was hit a grand total of a zillion times then I would be shaken AND stirred. NC State brings the heat for the third time in three weeks. Have the stars finally aligned for Tom O'Brien and the Wolfpack? With this type of effort, I the dreaded word has to be thrown out there.

DARKHORSE

Tom O'Brien's Pregame Speech

2 comments:

  1. Cincinnati O-Line: D+ is generous, based on what I saw. They made the Wolfpack look like 7 Lawrence Taylors suited up.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know they were horrible but in the second half Cinci's tight end went down and left them with a 5 man line the entire 2nd half. I do like giving them a D- though. that wouldve defintiely worked

    ReplyDelete